Sunday, September 26, 2010

Far and wide his love proclaim

G'day!
 
Another great week in the work of the Lord. We had some great experiences this week. We took our investigator Magid on a tour of the chapel which was pretty awesome. He found it to be very interesting and then we had a long discussion about the Restoration of the gospel.  He really wants to know if Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today and he recognized himself that if he truly wants to know then our Heavenly Father will manifest the truth to him through sincere prayer. Our investigator Johnathan also came for a chapel tour. Johnathan is harder to teach because he is very shy and we're not really sure if hes just telling us what we want to hear whenever we ask him questions but so far he seems to really want to know if the Book of Mormon is true. We've got a few other investigators that we are working with too but there isnt really much to report on at the moment. So we have a lot of great potential we just have to listen to the spirit and discern what our investigators really need so they can also come unto Christ.  We've been focusing a lot lately on chapel tours because we have been really struggling with getting our investigators to church.  Unfortunately Magid and Johnathan didnt come to church but a miracle happened! Joyce came to church! Remember our African friend I told you about? Well she showed up to church with the Kawa family and so we taught Joyce near the baptismal font during the second hour. The spirit was very strong in the lesson. We found out that we lost her before because she felt there was no need in her getting baptized again. Obviously she doesnt understand the Restoration fully so we back tracked and retaught the Restoration as plain and straightforward as we possibly could and she finally understood. Joyce said well I believe that MAY be true but I will have to ask God and we didnt hesitate to agree. So we prayed with her on the spot three times. We prayed three times because we tried to explain to her that if we are specific and clear on our questions to our Heavenly Father then he can be just as clear on His answer. After the third time she prayed finally with clear questions she told us that she needed more time. We didnt wanted to push her so we committed her to continue to pray and read from the Book of Mormon and hopefully we'll be able to follow up with her during the week to see how its been going.  I also would like to add my testimony that that is true. Heavenly Father loves us and he wants us to be happy. If we have a question or if we need his help we just need to ask him. "Ask and ye shall receive." Of course he knows our thoughts and the intents of our hearts but he wants us to act upon our faith by asking him in prayer.
 
This week I was also asked by a member about my experience of being set apart. Man it brought back so many memories!! I'm thankful that she asked me that though because it really helped me to really reflect on my mission so far and what being set apart really meant to me. I love being a missionary. It is the greatest feeling. I remember when dad asked me at the beginning of my mission "Do you find yourself smiling for no reason? Loving life and loving knowing that your exactly where the Lord wants you to be ALL the time?"  And I do! I really felt that this week and I really want to make sure that I never take my time here for granted. I'm so grateful for the opprotunity that the Lord has given me to serve among his children, for trusting me to hold His Holy Priesthood and to teach His children the Gospel so that they may also be able to return to live in His presence. "Called to serve Him, Heavenly King of Glory. Chosen e'er to witness for His name. Far and wide we'll tell the Father's story. Far and wide His love proclaim. Onward ever onward as we glory in His name, Onward ever onward as we glory in his name, Forward pressing Forward as a triumph song we sing, God our strength will be press forward ever called to serve our King."
 
Elder Nelson
 
Mum,
 
Thats so exciting that we're going to be building our own house!! When do reckon you'll start? Stephen! Your an animal! Take it easy! Can I be your cheerleader?? GO STEPHEN HE's OUr MAN IF HE CANT DO IT NO ONE CAN!! GoooooOOOOO STEPHEN!! WOOOOOOOooooOOO. Yup. So Bryce....whats with the chicks?...What did you say to them Mum? I wouldve been like Um hey Brittany spears and Lindsey Lohan why dont you take a hike okay?? Jeez....how old are you again?? like 5? Woses. Anyway thats just ridiculous. I'll be the door monitor when I come home.
 
Man I wish we wouldve had Sadie Hawkins dances in Sactown! Thats so fun. Dont worry stephen your time will come. How weird would that be going on a double date with my brother......uhhhhhh.....yeah.
 
To answer your questions I love my area and my investigators. I dont really miss Dee Why. It was fun there but I never really missed it missed it. It was my longest area though. Way to go for helping clean up! Teach those Utards how we do in SActown! Represent!! haha. Okay I gotta go. Catch ya
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment