Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's been a good week

G'day My People!

Fair Dinkum. We had a good week. But its SO HOT! Hace Color! Aye AYe

Aye! Australia day was this past week and I think it hit 107! about 42

in celcius. It was so humid too. So we just walk around and sweat like

animals. "Hey can I give you a card?! Oh.....its kinda

wet...ha...ha....oh its falling apart? Let me put it back together!

Have you wondered this question: Purpose... whats the is...life?" Haha

okay it wasnt that bad but it was something like that. Plus our area

was dead on wednesday. Everyone left to the beach. We were supposed to

go to the park and have a ward activity but the Council had the park

booked so they cancelled it and I dont think anyone wanted to leave

their house anyway. It hasnt been that hot since but today is pretty

hot. We're all getting a nice missionary tan. Where only your

forearms, hands and face get dark. Gotta love it!


One of the most spiritual experiences this week came from working hard

on Wed though. I cant remember if I told you about Naomi. Shes a nice

tongan girl who was actually born and raised in Australia. Her partner

is a Less active member named Hingano Toto. He's cool as. They are an

awesome couple. We met her walking down the street one day and said

she had just moved in with her partner that week and that he was a

member of the church. We were pretty excited to hear that. Then we set

up an appointment and only Hingano was there and he said discretly "

Naomi's not baptized! you need to baptize her." Yup sweet as! the

first time we sat down with her she said " So....why are you here?"

Because Hingano said.... then she butted in "Because I'm not baptized

eh?" Well of course! we said. haha she's really cool. But anyway this

week we saw her and Hingano together and we taught them with Bro. Ma'u

our ward mission leader and also Brother Finau who is just a great

member always eager to do missionary work. They both came and even

though it was noisey in their flat we taught them the Restoration.

Naomi loved it and said that it definitely could be true. She knew

that to find out for herself she needs to read the Book of Mormon and

ask Heavenly Father if its true. By the way she comes from the Wesslyn

church which is a big church in tonga. (I feel like I've said this

before. If I have I'm sorry). But ours is BIGGER :). In the end of the

lesson Bro. Mau and Finau bore their testimonies and then left some

time for Hingano to bare his. He has a great testimony. He cried. He's

a great man who just went a bit wayward. Naomi cried too. It was also

pointed out that since they were living together they need to get

married. They came to church! It was awesome. And they met with

Bishop! They got right on it and now they are preparing to get

married! Its so funny because our best investigators right now all

have to get married. Alright "Kids" get in the nice big shiney plane

we're all gonna go to nice place with lots of lights called LAS VEGAS!

Yeah! okay lets go! haha. serious though I'm praying about it. haha

jk. But the point is the Lord is blessing us. We've seen many

miracles. Our new investigators from this week are a family! their

from Nepal! Yeah its crazy! cool as. They are great and they love the

idea of eternal families.


John Munday and Jay Ngakaru are still going strong for March. WOO! GO

GO GO GO! We're so pumped for them and also we are trying to set up a

time when President and Sister Simmons can come meet them and teach

with us. We are really excited about it. Its going to be awesome.

Elder Christiansen and I both think that he will be a great leader in

the church. He's just so dedicated. I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO MEET HIM

ONE DAY!! Well I love you and I love this great work. I know that the

Lord prepares his children to recieve the gospel. Thank you for the

support and prayers. Today we are supposed to have preparation day but

we have Zone council to get to so that will be good because next week

one of the members of the Area Presidency is visiting the mission!

Yeah! We're pretty stoked. Okay I'll go now. love you all. Fa



Elder Nelson


Grandma,

Ha fooled you mum. I gotta reply back to Grandma first. thanks

Grandma! I feel heaps better. Being sick on a mission is the worst! I

feel full of energy again though. My companion and I went running this

morning. (yes mom I am exercising). We had a few investigators at

church and this next week a lot of good things should happen. If you

ever learn any more family history stories let me know please. Cheers!



Mum,

Hey Mexican! So you come to me in your time of need? You wish to ask

the master about the Sabbath eh? Well your lucky. You put some money

in my account. Maybe I will condescend. JOKES! You'll be fine. What do

you have to teach about the Sabbath day? Do we have a Preach My Gospel

in the house? Read the 3 chapter 4th lesson and Commandments under

Sabbath DAy. One line that I think is very interesting says something

like "When a nation or society fails to remember to keep the Sabbath

day holy the moral and spiritual well being of the nation (decays).

 A great example of the this is the island of Tonga. NOTHING is open on sabbath

day. EVERYONE (literally) is at church or doing something with family.

Look at how blessed, spiritually minded, and faithful they are. I have

a testimony of keeping the Sabbath Day holy. Also if you want more

information read what Bruce R. Mckonkie says in the Bible Dictionary.

Also I love Elder Oaks quote when he said: The sacrament makes

Sacrament meeting the more sacred and important meeting in the church.

I hope thats along the lines of what you were asking for. Bryce! Keep

with it! Explore those talents. Push through the hard times!

Stephen....psssh....what to say.....you keep looking at those muscles

of yours and their gonna fall off. Also, you should've listened to me

AGES ago about playing basketball! Tell dad to teach you the proper

way to shoot. I'll have to come home and school you. Haha not. Thats

cool that you want to play though. Love you family! Stay sweet.





No comments:

Post a Comment